DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I just wanted to post my experience to help someone else out who may be clueless like me. My problem was, I went to install these, and found that the holes under the truck didn't fit the hardware provided. The reviews from the lund bars had been excellent, so I figured something was wrong on my end. After doing a bunch of research, I concluded that whoever owned my truck prior to me, had factory nerf bars on it that they removed. The rivnuts were left in the body though (rivet nuts). I ended up having to drill these out, but the nuts fell into the frame. I did not want these bouncing around in my frame for the next 10 years, so I went to Autozone, and purchased 2 telescoping magnet pens. The smaller one allowed me to "fish" through the holes and retreive all the rivnuts. From there, installation was a breeze. This was the first mod I've done to my truck, and I am quite pleased. The kids can now get in with little effort, and it's nicer for me as well (6'4" 240lbs). The bars don't sag at all from my weight. (See 3 attached side-by-side before/after pics)
Next I'm contemplating wether I want to tackle the bilstien 5100's myself to level the front, or if i should buy them and have a shop put them on.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts