DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cost me $40. My decision to try this was a money factor and curiosity. Results are as follows: MEH.,,,,,,,,
They are a little throatier and there seems to be just a smudge of better responsiveness. The tranny does not hunt/stall between 2nd & 3rd like before, no noise diff in the cab, and a little more out the pipes, I;m going to give her a week till it adjusts to the back pressure and give a full analysis then. My gut tells me I will be getting the Magnaflow kit with that Y pipe you guys always talk about here. My heart say a Flowmaster 50 series SS because they are tough as nails. We'll see.

I will Post the Video of my Resonator Delete ASAP.. Give me a couple days.

Reactions: old hot rod
E

·
0 Posts
Yeah...that's been my experience. A resonator delete only doesn't really translate into that big of a change.

Good luck with the rest of the system.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Thanks for the info rsg1963
Great post.
Rep for that!

·
Registered
82 Posts
any update?

removing the resonators may be just what ive been looking for, as Id like a little more growl out the back, but no change to interior noise, and all the exhausts I've found are too loud for my taste. went through every possible exhaust on my last 2 and dont want to deal with drone or cab noise at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Magnaflow is a great choice, it's made of Stainless steel. I had a Flowmaster on my previous Ram and it started to rust within the first six months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts