DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
I took my new magnaflow y pipe to 2 muffler shops today,the first guy more or less laughed at me for bothering to do such a thing buy would do it without quoting a price,just see how long it would take and charge accordingly.$100 an hour.the next guy was much nicer about it but would charge a minimum 2.5 hrs @ $93 per. Do we have any dyno #s to see what the gains are for just replacing the y pipe?

· Registered
47 Posts
I had the magnaflow y pipe put on today at the muffler shop.they did a nice job with it.took 3 hrs.I brought them pictures ,taken from the forum here,they did it even nicer than the pictures.I have been driving it all day through town and on the freeway.Not much if any difference noticed.Full throttle acceleration going on to the freeway,I used to have the wheels spinning somewhat,now not at all.Still goes good,but not better in my opinion.If I could go back to what I had and not spent $46.00 on the y pipe and $270.on the install I would be happier right now.It may work better with a less restrictive muffler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.