DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a magnaflow 16869!!! best price i could find 494.70 from no limit speed. I will tell you the only way i found this price was to google it on a daily basis and it will show up at that price.If you find it at 727.00 from them just try another day im not sure why it shows up different price from day to day or week to week.Thought this would be of some help to save some money.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Mufflex system is much cheaper and easy to install...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Holy crap! That's a good price... The best I could do is $524 with free shipping and that was with a "secret" coupon code.

I just tried it out and yep, it's still $494 with free shipping... Dang, I just installed my Mufflex 14" kit too....

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Many here paid around $500 last year about this time,
mines actually 2 years old already, bit louder , still looks great
sold my stock almost new takeoffs for $200.

Net cost ended up just over $300,

My Magnafow CatBack #16869,
(22" muffler, no resonators) right after install, Summer 2010
Awesome 5" double walled polished stainless steel tips.

<click pic for video>

a more recent vid from Last year after a few more miles on her, she got a bit louder... Wait for the drive by :D

another year later now and it got even more deeper/louder,
specially since installing a Maggy Y pipe and my new JBA headers last week :D (sorry no video yet)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am a bit cautious about ordering from sites I don't know but autoanything.com says they will beat ANY price on manga flow systems so I am gonna call them tomorrow. I have a flowmaster system now. Is the magnaflow any better or am I just wasting money on it?

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
I'd recommend just getting the muffler. No difference in performance and will save a lot of money. I understand some like the tips though and also understand they're expensive so just depends what you want...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I'd recommend just getting the muffler. No difference in performance and will save a lot of money. I understand some like the tips though and also understand they're expensive so just depends what you want...
Gotta agree. Seems that the Mufflex system or just a simple muffler swap is the best option. I wish they made a Mufflex dual out system for the third gen trucks.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
at $270 for the Mufflex system PLUS shipping actually makes it the same price as the CatBack kit if you sell your new take-offs.

If your REAL goal is just to save money, with the "Same" performance.

a $100 Magnaflow muffler, welded in at your local shop ($50)
is HALF the cost of the Mufflex (*cough* rip-off)

...use the money you saved to get them to put a Magnaflow Y pipe in while your there (Part #10778) $27

If your shop charges more the $300 to weld in a muffler, find another shop.

·
Registered
102 Posts
at $270 for the Mufflex system PLUS shipping actually makes it the same price as the CatBack kit if you sell your new take-offs.

If your REAL goal is just to save money, with the "Same" performance.

a $100 Magnaflow muffler, welded in at your local shop ($50)
is HALF the cost of the Mufflex (*cough* rip-off)

...use the money you saved to get them to put a Magnaflow Y pipe in while your there (Part #10778) $27

If your shop charges more the $300 to weld in a muffler, find another shop.

My real goal is to get the best bang for my buck. Like I said I have the flowmasters but I am starting to get more into the mods...I have a fastman tb coming...the bt catch can is on order. I put the 180 tstat in on friday, I am looking at putting in a torque converter and getting headers but just not really sure what is best. Just looking for advise. I found a magnaflow cat back system for under 500 brand new so I was thinking about swapping out the entire system when I get the headers. Which I have been doing a lot of reading about LT vs shorties

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I am a bit cautious about ordering from sites I don't know but autoanything.com says they will beat ANY price on manga flow systems so I am gonna call them tomorrow. I have a flowmaster system now. Is the magnaflow any better or am I just wasting money on it?
What did AutoAnything do? Did they match the price?

I'm curious...

Possibly, though, as you stated, those exquisite tips alone [valued at well over two Ben Frank's] if they were available seperately [they're factory welded onto the 16869 kit] are worth the kit's purchase alone.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
^yeah that's why I said some like the tips and it's worth it to them. Personally I don't care about seeing the exhaust so it's not worth it to me. I'm going to leave the stock exit when I do my exhaust. But for some others that want the tips then it makes sense to buy the kit seeing as the tips alone I believe cost almost as muchas you could buy the kit for.

Every body is different and every situation is different. I'll be buying a magnaflow for under $80 and installing it myself. So that's cheap and it gets me the performance I want, and I don't care about seeing the exhaust so I'll just leave it with the stock looking "tip".

I know some places you can get welding cheap, others it's expensive. So it just depends.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What did AutoAnything do? Did they match the price?

I'm curious...

Possibly, though, as you stated, those exquisite tips alone [valued at well over two Ben Frank's] if they were available seperately [they're factory welded onto the 16869 kit] are worth the kit's purchase alone.

They didnt honor the price because if you go to the site today it is back up to 737 or so. But he did price shop it and he got it down to 557.00 for it. The did a package deal where I can get the Magnaflow exhaust, JBA cat4ward headers and the magnaflow y pipe for 991.00 shipped to the door which I didnt think was too bad....

I tried the site again and it was on there so they did honor the price!!! Autoanything stands by there promise!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can speak for the muffler swap since I went with the full catback system with the 5" tips. I personally got a good 2 MPG's out of it. Mine was supposed to be around 700, but got it done to 5. Still have the stock setup sitting in my garage that i need to sell. I am very happy with the system I put in...would have liked it just a bit louder though.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
They didnt honor the price because if you go to the site today it is back up to 737 or so. But he did price shop it and he got it down to 557.00 for it. The did a package deal where I can get the Magnaflow exhaust, JBA cat4ward headers and the magnaflow y pipe for 991.00 shipped to the door which I didnt think was too bad....

I tried the site again and it was on there so they did honor the price!!! Autoanything stands by there promise!!
That's the combo I run, You WILL be impressed!
unless you're planning on swapping heads/cam, there's no need for $1600 LT's.

Shorties + Y + a Maggy CatBack have the perfect balance of sound, power, performance, fuel economy and Looks....and with no drone.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's the combo I run, You WILL be impressed!
unless you're planning on swapping heads/cam, there's no need for $1600 LT's.

Shorties + Y + a Maggy CatBack have the perfect balance of sound, power, performance, fuel economy and Looks....and with no drone.

When he said that they could honor the price it was a no brainer...I had to get it...they should all be here this week. I got a lot of work to do...its gonna be like driving a whole new truck...shorties + Y + magnaflow cat back + edge TC + 180 t stat + fastman tb + BT catchcan + custom tune on the Trinity = empty wallet and a lot of FUN!!!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts

Awesome!

What's the link to the headers?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts