1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey, 916 Timmy. I really like your exhaust set up. I took your photos from your original post with the custom y-pipe to the exhaust shop today (hope you don't mind). The guy that's going to the exhaust for me suggested going with a dual inlet outlet magnaflow with tru-x rather than the y-pipe. I see his point it easier for him to fab. I like that your set up seems to be fairly quiet as well. I'm looking for better sound and flow. I wondering if the dual in/out muffler will lose anything on the low side for torque. I'm hoping others will chime in. I'm looking at magnaflow #12468 muffler with dual 2.5in/out. (I know the stock exhaust out is dual 2.25 so he'll have to flare the stock pipe to fit this muffler). This muffler is still the 18" size so I'm thinking sound wise it'll still be the same. Thanks for the cool idea on the custom set up. It make changing the trans fluid easier as well running the driver side over the cross bar the under the trans tail shaft.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chefred112 has a setup like you are talking about....He runs the header pipes from each side separate into dual electric cutouts then a single in/dual outlet muffler backwards. So he has 2 3" inlets and a single 3.5" outlet dumped under the bed.....Very nice setup...I'll try to find pics for ya so you can see it too!

Here is the thread with pics
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=82282&highlight=true+dual

The X muffler would be good, just make sure you don't go too big on the separate pipes...2.5" max

And no I don't mind at all....try to help others like I was helped when I asked my questions! :)

Hey, 916 Timmy. I really like your exhaust set up. I took your photos from your original post with the custom y-pipe to the exhaust shop today (hope you don't mind). The guy that's going to the exhaust for me suggested going with a dual inlet outlet magnaflow with tru-x rather than the y-pipe. I see his point it easier for him to fab. I like that your set up seems to be fairly quiet as well. I'm looking for better sound and flow. I wondering if the dual in/out muffler will lose anything on the low side for torque. I'm hoping others will chime in. I'm looking at magnaflow #12468 muffler with dual 2.5in/out. (I know the stock exhaust out is dual 2.25 so he'll have to flare the stock pipe to fit this muffler). This muffler is still the 18" size so I'm thinking sound wise it'll still be the same. Thanks for the cool idea on the custom set up. It make changing the trans fluid easier as well running the driver side over the cross bar the under the trans tail shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts