DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In October, I was out hunting, hit a stump and it broke the weld on my old straight pipe. At the time I was getting 15mpg hand calculated. I had a 14" magnaflow straight through put on with 3" pipe (same size as my straight). Since then my mpg have went to 13. I don't know if its due to the winter gas or the exhaust. Any ideas?:4-dontknow: My driving habits stay the same. All MPG are hand calc. But even my lie-o-meter went from 17 to 15

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Most likely the winter gas,I've got the 14" magnaflow,never lost any MPG(except when I first put it on ,had to try it out,Lol)ran it for about 4months 22mpg on the hiway ,16.5 combined,but I've lost about 3-4 Mpg due to the winter gas and some more idle time letting the truck warm up on cold days..:smileup::smileup:..Rob

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely the winter gas,I've got the 14" magnaflow,never lost any MPG(except when I first put it on ,had to try it out,Lol)ran it for about 4months 22mpg on the hiway ,16.5 combined,but I've lost about 3-4 Mpg due to the winter gas and some more idle time letting the truck warm up on cold days..:smileup::smileup:..Rob
thats what i was thinking. Just a coincidence on the new muffler and winter gas coming out. I live in Montana so we might change over a little sooner then others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts