DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 ram 1500 big horn quad cab with the dual exhaust coming out the back. I want to leave the stock exhaust coming out the back but I want to change the muffler to sound better (louder). I am going to go with Magnaflow since thats what I had on my old truck and the sound was great. I'm trying to decide between an 18" or 14" muffler. I don't know if the 14" will be too loud in the cab of the truck or not. Any suggestions? Also does anyone know if changing the muffler will affect the factory warranty at all??? Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been spending the past couple weeks researching this myself. If you go onto the Magnaflow website you can find the exact part numbers that you need for the truck in the different body sizes. Then just plug those into google/youtube and you can find tons of videos with trucks using the exact mufflers (in the cab crusing, cold starts, etc.).

From what I've heard talking to people, for it to void the warranty the dealership would have to prove that the muffler had a direct connection to any problem that arises with the truck.

I'm getting mine installed this week. I can keep you updated on the process if you want.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Get the 14, I have a HOOKER Max Flow muffer which is like a Magnaflow muffler and mine is 22 inches long and way to quite. If I could do it over again I would get the 14!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts