DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm getting a duals put on my 2002 dodge ram sport 5.9.... right now it just has the stock single on it... im looking for a deep medium loud sound...want it to sound deep and mean....want it to sound clean

i've been lookin at getting either a flowmaster delta 40 or super 44...but i can't seem to find out what the difference between them are

i dont even know what model to look for in magnaflow or if magnaflow is even any better to look at then flowmaster...

should i do 2 mufflers or 1 dual muffler? whats the difference...

thanks n advance... i'll get a pic of my truck tomorrow

·
Registered
755 Posts
Most people prefer Magnaflow as do I. Flowmasters only start to sound great when they rust through :) Even take a look at Gibson, their exhausts sound pretty good as well.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
im gonna have to say magnaflow aswell

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I know magnaflows are great, but I have dual 40's and I turned them down yesterday and HOLY CRAP. It's so deep and loud. I love the sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well what model magnaflows do you guys have? with flowmaster i heard the delta 40's are real nice...not the super 40's but the delta 40s

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Flowmaster is a poppy, raspy sound. Magnaflow is powerful sounding in my opinion, not only because I have it.

E

·
0 Posts
I did the Magnaflow 14278 single in / dual out muffler with new tailpipes. It has a nice deep tone, definitely louder when you get on it, not obtrusive in the cab when cruising.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
a single in and a dual out.... here are pics of my truck... honestly im up for suggestions i've never gotten a dual exhaust installed ever..i want a deep grumble rumble sound..i want it to sound deep and mean not loud and obnoxious..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
everyone is saying to go with magnaflow but no one seems to know any specific models of magnaflow... weird

·
Registered
5,700 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i believe im going to run them out to the bumper... i have no idea what dumping under the bed means.... and i believe i want a singe in and dual out muffler...im pretty sure i posted that in the earlier messages

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Okay, you got the numbers! Dumping under the bed is a cheap way of getting louder. It saves you from running pipes and tips out the back and some people like the hidden exhaust.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i ran the flowmasters 50 series on my 04 1500 4.7 it was perfect for what i wanted. now w/ my 5.9 i wanna true duals and everyone has been tellin me to go magna flow however the new cherry bomb stuff is looking very promising as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey can anyone recommend a magnaflow muffler for me? I got an 02 with the 5.9. My stock muffler is starting to rust out I just want a replacement muffler. One tbat will add a deep loud growl. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Was thinking flomaster at first but not sure after reading this. I want dules exeting behind the reer wheels with a deep sound which ones should I get?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts