DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I prefer Magnaflow for the deeper more mellow tone they produce. This is up for debate, but I've also heard a lot of stories about blow-out & rust through with Flowmaster.

G

·
I also prefer Magnaflow. I like the sound, the quality and the price point.

Picking an exhaust is so subjective. What I like may not be what others like.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I just had a Flowmaster 70 Series Big BlockII installed on my 2010 today and it is perfect as far as what I wanted. Almost no drone in the cab and a nice roar outside. I believe this series was built with MDS in mind.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like Aero performance mufflers. Ive used the AT 30/30, Aero stealth 170 on my 2002 4.7l.. Now im about to use the 248 big tank with x-pipe built in the muffler. Great muffler, ive never been disappointed with these mufflers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have the Flowmaster super 44 on my ram and love it. A bit loud when first installed but after some mileage tunes to great sound

·
Registered
565 Posts
x3 vote for Magnaflow. I had a Flowmaster on my old F-150, and loved it. It did however begin rotting real bad after a year or so. The sound was great though. I have a Magnaflow on my Ram and love, love, love it. Deeper, mellower tone than most of the FMs I have heard. Next truck, I may put an AT, or a Gibson on it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
is no exhaust an option? lol my strait piped truck sounds great loud tho so if you want mellow dont cut it off like i did lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agreed, nice link will :smileup:

I see this is your first post, welcome to the forum!
I prefer Magnaflow for the deeper more mellow tone they produce. This is up for debate, but I've also heard a lot of stories about blow-out & rust through with Flowmaster.
would you guys have a part number on the magnaflow muffler youre running? im trying to do some research on some magnaflows ive had the flowmaster 40 on a silverado before and know what that sounds like but id like something with a deeper sound but the same loudness factor

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm running Magnaflow P/N: 12278. Stainless, 3in. inlet w/ dual 2.25in. outlets straight out the back. The tips are 22in. long w/ 3.5in. dia. slash cut chrome.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
i would take either one,they both sound good!!!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
IMO Flowmasters are overrated. I had a 40 series and it rotted out in less than a year and started making a ticking noise. I ripped it off and put on a Dynomax Race Bullet. 20x louder. It's as loud as straight pipes but it's got the sound of a Flowmaster super 44. When I put this muffler/resonator on, I did notice that my gas pedal was more responsive than it was with the flowmaster.
Dynomax is cheap, great brand, and has awesome results.

http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=racebullet

·
Registered
23 Posts
weve been discussing flowmaster and magnaflow but im also kinda tossing up the idea of going with a straight pipe (this is just going to be a muffler swap or delete all stock piping is staying the same including resonator) but im worried about this whole back pressure thing is back pressure that big of a deal?

·
Registered
429 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts