DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forum high and low and haven't found the answer I'm looking for, so I thought I would ask it myself. Looking to upgrade my exhaust, I would like a rich sound with minimal to no highway drone, with or without MDS. I am considering an 18 or 24 inch magna flow with the upgraded y pipe keeping the resonators. The local shop, who has been reliable in the past, recommended the magna flow tru-x would have a more subtle note and would give me a dual setup. They also suggested flo-pro, which they called the "gentlemen's muffler." To make things more confusing I read some very enticing threads about the Magnaflow cat-back system, which I think deletes the resonators and adds some awesome big tips. I would love to see some vids or links to them. Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not sure why they would recommend a magnaflow Tru-x muffler since that would be a dual in and out. You would have to upgrade to full duals to run that.
I would just replace the Y pipe and get either the 18 or 22 inch magnaflow. You can get a direct replacement muffler from Mufflex for single or dual factory systems.
The flo-pro is just like a flowmaster and may get some drone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure why they would recommend a magnaflow Tru-x muffler since that would be a dual in and out. You would have to upgrade to full duals to run that.
I would just replace the Y pipe and get either the 18 or 22 inch magnaflow. You can get a direct replacement muffler from Mufflex for single or dual factory systems.
The flo-pro is just like a flowmaster and may get some drone.
The shop said the true dual set up would be more advantageous as far as increase in flow and power. More importantly they said it would be cause less drone. Ugh, I should just pull the trigger and see what happens...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.