DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Magnaflow vs. Flowmaster vs. Custom

5558 17
Well I am thinking it is time for a cat back dual exhaust for my 04 hemi. I am looking for un biased opinions between magnaflow and flowmaster. Why should I go with one or the other more less? better sound, better power etc. The auto custom shop in town is closed today :( so I cant get prices between the 2 but I figure they will be about 700, and I will install it.

There is a muffler shop in town that quoted me last fall 500 bucks installed, but I have to buy the tips (no big deal). Is there any benefit to going with a name brand like magnaflow or flowmaster vs. having a system made by a muffler shop? i.e. sound or power wise etc. Obviously the muffler shop is cheaper and it is installed although I have no issues installing my own but that fact that it is done for me at the shop is a bonus! Sorry for the long write up and questions, just need peoples opnions on the 3, and some opinions between the 2 name brands

Thanks, Dan
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,242 Posts
go find a different shop...I had a dual setup (to the muffler) made with h pipe to dual cutouts (only thing i supplied) to 22" dual in/single out magnaflow dumped after axle... the exhaust was complete from headers...$250.00 welded and flanged (where i wanted it to be flanged)

· Registered
6,242 Posts
that's too bad then... i've changed my exhaust setup a few times, luckily it's dirt cheap because of competition and luckily for me, found a one man shop that every performance type guys like to go to...cuz he's honest and doesn't gouge us...and we come back, and tell a friend, who tells another friend...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.