DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Magnaflow vs. Flowmaster vs. Custom

5554 17
Well I am thinking it is time for a cat back dual exhaust for my 04 hemi. I am looking for un biased opinions between magnaflow and flowmaster. Why should I go with one or the other more less? better sound, better power etc. The auto custom shop in town is closed today :( so I cant get prices between the 2 but I figure they will be about 700, and I will install it.

There is a muffler shop in town that quoted me last fall 500 bucks installed, but I have to buy the tips (no big deal). Is there any benefit to going with a name brand like magnaflow or flowmaster vs. having a system made by a muffler shop? i.e. sound or power wise etc. Obviously the muffler shop is cheaper and it is installed although I have no issues installing my own but that fact that it is done for me at the shop is a bonus! Sorry for the long write up and questions, just need peoples opnions on the 3, and some opinions between the 2 name brands

Thanks, Dan
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Hey Dan, I checked out Sudbury Custom last week for the Magnaflow #16869, it was $599.00. Someone rear ended me last week so I thought I would swap the bumper for one with cut-outs and put the rear exit exhaust on. BTW my new rims and tires should be there this week, I ended up ordering the 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country tires instead of the radials, hope there not to loud.

· Registered
396 Posts
Dan is right. Everything up here costs a lot more. The shop[ he is going too has good reputation and will probably be the one I end up at as well for the installation of my system. Dan if you want to see the Mud Country's I will let you know when they are in and you can go over and check them out. The insurance is covering all the repairs so I just had the body shop switch from the plain bumper to the one with dual cut-outs so I could put the dual exhaust on. Hopefully I like the finished product.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.