DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are countless discussion on mangaflow y pipe vs stock but what about the new y pipe vs running no y pipe and just running each individual pipes to a dual in/dual out muffler? Would there be any benefit? :4-dontknow:

If anybody has done it would love to see pics or hear your view on It

Looking to pick one or the other in the next week so anything helps
thanks!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Another thought! What if you just replaced the muffler with a y pipe and pretty much straight piped it? Prs and cons?
Yeah u can do that.Check some vids out on youtube. Sounds loud but I've also read that their is drone and that some people have lost some low end torque

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have done and tried a few different exhausts. I currently have a true dual setup using a pair of Aero Turbine mufflers. A dual in and dual single muffler is not a true dual setup. Both tubes are enclosed by a single shell, with no separation between them, some have an X pipe inner core, this is still not a true dual setup. If you just change the Y pipe and connect front to rear with a single tube, you are then into a 2-1-2 system, which would hinder flow.
Pick two single mufflers(Borla or Magnaflow) and run them straight back, you can leave the resonators on or discard them, your choice. Check out my link on youtube for my sound, Aero Turbine dual exhaust. Pus check other sounds. But in opinion a true dual setup is the way to go.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It also depends on our budget.. If you already have dual tips the easiest and cheapest way to go is just replace the muffler with a free flowing one like magniflow or borla, you will get a perfect stock looking exhaust that sounds great without hurting performance or your wallet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gixxer160 I like the name! I just sold my 2008 gsxr 600. Loved it! Any way I have been contemplating that. Just gonna see what the wallet allows. And yours sounds awesome!

·
Registered
351 Posts
The gixxer160 refers to my 2001 GSXR1000 which ended up with 160 RWHP. Lots of friends raced the GSXR600, I did once in a 4 hour endurance race, great bike. I am glad to hear you like the sound of my truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts