DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, kind of some random questions but i have a 92 ram with a 318 magnum and a 5 speed 4x4. Will the same performance upgrade parts that fit the 94 and up 318's work with what I have? Im asking because when i search sites for bolt-on parts they only have a couple parts for my year but more for the later years even though its the same engine. Is there anything different with my year of engine where the parts wouldnt still work? Also i'm looking to do a new intake manifold, throttle body, and cam for my truck. exhaust is already done and a 4 inch lift with 35's is coming soon for it. Possibly 4.56 gears but that alone is around 2 grand but is a solid investment for power. I'm looking to make 300-330 hp but not looking to do a huge engine build. I guess u could say its a budget hp build if that even goes together but i dont think those numbers would be hard to hit with bolt ons, am i wrong? Let me know what you guys think or suggestions for bang for your buck parts to invest in. Thanks

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
The parts will work and you should be able to hit your goals. The only real differences weren't in the engine so much as the peripherals. The first Magnums had lower fuel pressure setups. The '92's had larger exhaust plumbing and were the best-performing of the line. Mostly, it was external stuff involved as the whole truck line was being transitioned from LA to Magnum. By '94 it was all pretty much standardized, so that seems to be where many suppliers finally got on board and started offering parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Moparite
DODGE RAM FORUM
We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models.
Full Forum Listing