DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must first say i've been a mopar guy since birth, jeeps, chryslers, dodges, owned them all and never had any major problem...until the other day.

So merging on the freeway, my "electronic throttle control" light comes on and begins to flash....the truck surges, won't go over 60, and the most dangerous part...won't drop below 3000 RPM. It's everything i can do to stop the thing at a stop light, and it bucks like a horse inching forward the entire way home.

dealer says entire throttle body must be replaced to fix TPS issue...thank god i was driving it and not my girlfriend or sister because it would have ended up in someones back seat! thank god i got the warranty....

anyone else have this issue ever, pretty scary, and not happy at all about my "new truck" being towed to a dealer

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i will add that i traded a 05 jeep with the 3.7 in it because i was dreading the day it finally gave way....good thing i did that.lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a 2011 ram do that to me a few weeks ago and it ended up being the computer, they have some issues with the tps on them. Make sure the dealer watches the tps voltage. The truck i had do this, the voltage would jump up and down, it wouldnt move much but it did fluctuate. It did this until i replaced the computer. I had replaced the throttle body and ran wires from the computer to the t-body, with no help till the pcm was replaced.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Can't say I've hear of any issues like that on the '07s. Things to be sure are check out as well are the TPS sensor voltage to make sure it's not throwing errant numbers as well have them reset the pedal neutral location to make sure the drive-by-wire system in the pedal is still calibrated properly. Cover all your bases.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
picked it up yesterday, apparently it was the TPS, which requires the entire throttle body to be replaced. drives fine now. hope this is the last for a while

1 - 6 of 6 Posts