DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Someone on another thread just did this. I'm pretty sure he just swapped the seats and the harness/connectors were already there and it all worked easy.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Are you thinking about going with the 10 way drivers seat & the 6 way passenger seat?

I don't have the electric passenger seat, but i believe the wires are there for it, either that or the INVERTER ( 12VDC to 115VAC ) that is mounted up under that seat on the base are hanging down

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Someone on another thread just did this. I'm pretty sure he just swapped the seats and the harness/connectors were already there and it all worked easy.

I thought it would be pretty easy, because the harness is laying under the seat. now just need to find the seats.

·
Registered
395 Posts
seat swap

I'm swapping seat now, I just received a power seat. It was new but it has a ink spot and a scratch on the fiberglass by the controls, So I'm trying to figure out how to take the seat cushion and panel off my seat. The guy I bought the seat from tells me the the F150 is the same seat. I knew it had a scratch on the panel but he never said any thing about the ink spot. I tried to remove with so WD 40 but no success. any ideas. I paid 300 for the seat plus freight.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you get the seat from? I wish I had some advice for you on the ink, but that is a tough stain.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Seat

I got my seat from [email protected] I think he may have a pretty good supply, I found one on the net and I e-mailed him and told him what I wanted and he came up with one. I just wish it did not have the spot, I'm in the process of removing the org seat and changing the covering. He told me about a rub on the fiberglass by the controls but did not say anything about the spot.

·
Registered
395 Posts
seat

Well I just got the seat installed. I just love it, fits so nice and the lumbar yes. this is going to make the truck so much more fun to drive.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I just got the seat installed. I just love it, fits so nice and the lumbar yes. this is going to make the truck so much more fun to drive.
Did you change the whole seat and frame or just the frame and use your material and did the wiring harness just snop in? I emailed the guy today and all he had was just the frame and motor. He said all I needed to to was take my cloth and foam off my seat and put it on his frame. Glad you are enjoying yours.

·
Registered
395 Posts
seat

I changed the hole seat I did have the seat cushion off and I was going to change the cushion but when I got the stain out I just put the cushion back on, but That would not be to hard to do what he said. Every thing was there, just plug it in.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have done the seat conversion and I would suggest that the whole seat be swapped if you wish to have all of the features including power seat back adjustment and the power lumbar that is part of the seat back.

I was having a difficult time finding a seat until I found a auto recycler listing a single tan seat that was dirty. They sold me the seat cheap.

I simply swapped the cushions and fabric together so I did not have to mess with hog rings and the trim all fit from my manual seat. I did have to buy the switch bezel to change to the gray I needed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think he is selling me everything but the cushions and fabric. so everything is plug and play? he is wanting 250 for the frame and 140 to ship it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Sounds like it should work.

The only thing I had to do is run a jumper to the orange wire on the new seat harness. That is for fused power which was not part of my existing wiring harness. The other unused plug that is under the manual seat does have a fused power wire so I spliced into that wire.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have found a set of front and rear seat out of a 2011 SRT Ram 1500 for a good price. I was just wondering if they will fit my 2500. They are the buckets and mine are the 40/20/40 but I think I can still use my center with the buckets. any Idea?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I upgraded my drivers side seat today with a power seat from a 2004 QC. Harness was plug and play.

My bottom cushion was worn out and I have had it apart so many times adding foam and support that I figured it was finally time to start fresh. I almost pulled the trigger on a new bottom cushion but happened to stumble upon a complete drivers side power seat local to me for $150. The bottom, back and headrest covers were in pretty bad shape so I swapped the covers over from my seat and had the entire job done in under 2 hours.

I am sure gonna love power and lumbar for my 150 mile daily commute.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts