DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, ordered some LED's for the outdoorsman from superbrightleds. Took out and replaced the drivers side map light. Much better. HOWEVER. The map light will only click on if the passenger's side is on. They both work when the done might is switched on, the doors open etc. But switch on the drivers side map light only, and it won't work. Leave it on, and switch on the passenger's side, and the drivers side will com on.

So, disappointed with that, but went ahead and replaced the passenger side bulb out to the led too. Now, both work fine with the dome switch/door, but try to use them as map lights, and now not only does the previous issue still exist, but now, when you switch on a map light they BLINK.

ANYONE have any suggestions here, or clues??:4-dontknow:

FORGOT. Also can hear some feedback in the speakers when i turn the lights on. Fairly odd....

·
Registered
292 Posts
there is no resistance. you need to solder in a 100 ohm 1W resistor into the light and theyll work fine. happens all the time. there is a thread a few down from this one where the they had the same problem. easy fix.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Went back and looked at the thread. Can you post some pics of your setup?? I'm a bit confused about putting in the resistors. All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
292 Posts
this is a pic i found on another forum. its quicker than getting to my truck right now. the other size that has been used is 150 ohm 1/2W. just make sure you dont touch the resistor to the circuit board of the light because it will short out. you have enough room for both. put the solder on the leads first. then put them to the terminals add flux then heat. very simple. if you got any more questions just ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pic. That looks easy enough for the back, but got any good ideas on how to do the fronts? Without looking yet, seems like less room, and more problems...hopefully i'm wrong.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pic. That looks easy enough for the back, but got any good ideas on how to do the fronts? Without looking yet, seems like less room, and more problems...hopefully i'm wrong.....

·
Registered
292 Posts
no worries. it is the same concept and there was plenty of room in my 04. havent seen 4th Gen setups. just take your time and you should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts