DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am trying to put LEDs in my map lights but i dont know how to take the whole thing out without damaging something. does anyone know how to do this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Slip something like a thin standard screwdriver in at the hinge point. Gently pry. May need to option off on sides.

Don't feel bad, I tried three times before seeing a video (on a different brand car) that gave me the hint.

I'm not a fan of hidden connections where you need a manual (AFAIK non-existing) just to take most interior and even the tail lights off. What ever happened to the good old visible screws to hold things together?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I got the whole thing off but how do I get to the lights itself. The wires are short so it makes it difficult to unclamp the wires.

·
Registered
616 Posts
All you do is pop the plastic lense off. Stick some electrical tape to the bulb & pull it out, then just push the new Led's in..Dont have to remove the whole thing.:smileup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Electrical tape! So brilliant! So obvious! So not me!

After a half an hour of trying every which way to grab the bulb (even went so far as to try to remove the whole overhead console but could figure out how to release half of the blind connectors) I very carefully removed mine using a pair of pliers. Luck was with me that day and the bulbs did not break!

Damn, electrical tape! Gotta remember that trick...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took the plastic lens off and switched the lights but now another problem has arised. The lights wont turn on when I click it. Damn this console.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice....now you can see properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts