DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hardly see these anymore except on basic work trucks with painted bumpers and steel wheels. Going to have one for sale that is well optioned, plenty of chrome, alloy wheels, cloth interior, power everything, etc. Will it be a hard sell because everybody seems to want the 4-doors with the 4 foot beds only useful for hauling mulch from Home Depot, or will it sell easy if the price is right because they are harder to find (only 1 out of 355 listed currently on Ebay from 2015-2017)?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Will it be a hard sell because everybody seems to want the 4-doors with the 4 foot beds only useful for hauling mulch from Home Depot, ....)?
LOL - why all the hate?

Surprise, surprise Most casual customers (vs commercial or business customers) people use half tons as "large cars with big trunks".

FTR your post would be so much better with say a picture or two...

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
I think the market is more for work trucks; with the payload of a half ton truck it is easy to weight out the truck before you cube out the bed even with the 6.5' bed, so the additional foot and a half may or may not be that useful. This is nothing new, extended cabs have been the most popular since the 90s

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice clean truck.

Blur or cut out your license plate in your online posts.

2wd? that may be a harder sell in this area.

I laughed when I read "power everything" - in your case I guess that means door locks, windows and steering. No power sunroof or power sliding rear window. What about power seats? I laughed because I think most vehicles come with power everything these days.

What other options does it have?

BTW Beautiful house - I'm gonna ASSUME the heck of alot of stuff: you just needed a pick up because you have a home, for home depot, dump, furniture store, costco, etc runs - you didnt need it for passenger space - you probably have something "nasty" or "nice" in that double garage for passengers and or pleasure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why blur out the license plate? I've had pics of my cars online for 20 years and that was never an issue.

Yes 2wd.

Yes power windows and locks, cruise, tilt steering. Didn't think all late model work trucks came with those standard.

Has the basic infotainment with smallish display, tow package with receiver, 3.6L engine, cloth seats, carpet, new factory mats, spray bedliner, chrome bumpers, grill, door handles, etc.

Not my house. I take pictures of all my cars in front of the million dollar homes a mile up the road from my place. This is just a short term truck I bought to flip after selling my old Ranger. Too nice for a keeper that wouldn't get much use and depreciate quickly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
They sell a ton of RCLBs here with 4WD and V8s. Always in demand in the ATV and Trail Bike crowd. But 2WD and V6 is going to kill resale, its much more of a utility/fleet truck. That will hurt resale more than being RCLBs. The kind of folks driving these are looking for inexpensive appliances, and will walk away from anything top dollar.

You won't be hauling much with the V6 1500 regardless of bed size.

Most RAMs, beside the low end tradesman fleet model, will have the options you list as standard. Nothing special there.

Nice truck, a step up from a tradesman, but you may have to give it a way. These are so inexpensive when new.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
You won't be hauling much with the V6 1500 regardless of bed size.
1,690 lbs is a fair amount. 2wd V6 reg cab 8's haul 1890

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
As they are not making 2019 Ram regular cab models until sometime in 2020
There will be a demand for nice looking 4th Gen regular cabs

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice clean truck, I'm sure it will sell being it has some extra features over a standard work truck. A lot of older retired guys drive these in my area or a contractor would snatch it up. 4x4 is not critical for sales on on long bed regular cab and DC is not a high snow area.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think there is still a market for regular cab trucks. I have owned them since 1973 and never felt the need for a 4 door. I thought the "Club Cab" might be nice, or the extended cabs on the 2nd generations. I can see where people with families prefer them as well. After selling my 2nd gen regular cab, it took be months to find a really nice regular cab. They are few and far between. But it comes down to what is "needed" and not "wants". You have a nice looking truck, good luck with the sale.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
As they are not making 2019 Ram regular cab models until sometime in 2020
There will be a demand for nice looking 4th Gen regular cabs

More specifically, the 2019 reg cabs will be 4th gens and the 5th gen reg cabs will be launched as a 2020 model

·
Registered
318 Posts
There is still a market, but it probably wont sl as quickly or easy because you are waiting for a buyer with specific likes.

Personally I really like the look of regular cab trucks. But for work trucks they suck. Trying to put 2 guys, lunchboxes, hard hats, rain/snow gear, etc in a small cab is a pain.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Might be a niche-sell. Most people who want the 8' bed don't need the bling of a fancy looking truck and most people who want the fancy truck, want to haul a few passengers and can fit everything they want to haul in 6'4" or 5'7" bed.

I have a Rebel with the short bed, and with the tailgate down, I just recently filled it with 16' and 12' decking boards. There basically nothing I'd ever need to haul that an 8' bed can do that I can't also haul with my short bed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and with the tailgate down, I just recently filled it with 16' and 12' decking boards. There basically nothing I'd ever need to haul that an 8' bed can do that I can't also haul with my short bed.
What about loose stuff like a load of wood chips or bulk mulch?

·
Registered
771 Posts
What about loose stuff like a load of wood chips or bulk mulch?
Generally, when I haul bark mulch, I need more than what will fit in one 8' bed anyway, so I'd me making more than one trip, no matter what size bed I have.....but, if I just hook on to my buddy's 12' dump trailer, and have it and my truck bed filled, I can do it in one trip.

I did haul a cubic yard of loose garden dirt in my short bed this spring, and I'll never do that again. Took me longer with the power washer to get all the dirt out of all the nooks and crannies than it did to manually unload the dirt.

I needed to haul a couple cubic yards of river rocks, but opted for the trailer because i didn't want the bed all dented up (which there's no avoiding even if you manually shovel load stones into a metal truck bed.) By using the trailer with wooden deck and sides, the skid loader can just dump them in.

When I haul firewood out of my woods, all I want to load and unload at one time will fit in my bed. Any more is "too much at once" and would also make the truck so heavy it would damage my yard as I drive across it. My last three vehicles were an Avalanche, Ridgeline, and now Rebel with the Rambox bed (smallest you can get).

Long bed trucks (outside of work applications), just aren't necessary any more.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts