DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a silly question, so let's chalk it up under the "newbie" to the forum excuse...

My credit union added a Maxcare Warranty for me for 75,000 bumper to bumper on my new Ram. My question is, does this include oil changes and preventative stuff? My guess is no, but I just don't want to be going and buying oil and changing it on my own if I dont have to! :smileup:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
No, the MaxCare warranty does not include preventative maintenance. It is a repair/replacement warranty only.

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
it is a warranty, not a service plan.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
This might be a silly question, so let's chalk it up under the "newbie" to the forum excuse...

My credit union added a Maxcare Warranty for me for 75,000 bumper to bumper on my new Ram. My question is, does this include oil changes and preventative stuff? My guess is no, but I just don't want to be going and buying oil and changing it on my own if I dont have to! :smileup:

Did they happen to charge you anything for this warranty?

Warranty are simply prepaid service contracts., Pay Chrysler or some third party a set amount of money and they, in turn, promise to pay for a specific set of repairs within a defined period of time or miles.

Warranties from the manufacturer tend to be much better than warranties from a third party insurer. Warranties are not generally cheap hence my wondering if the credit union made you pay for the warranty. Hard to belive it would be a gift. if so, great credit union.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts