DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Maximize ride quality/lift/level

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dannewman 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just bought, and had painted fire engine red, a 1993 Dodge Ram D150. It's an 8' bed in pretty great mechanical shape with just some small dings here and there on the body. I'd like to do some various upgrades along the way (power windows/locks, replace stock rear window with a sliding one, etc.) but I first need to get the ride quality and external appearance out of the way.

When this truck hits potholes it throws it around like crazy, you feel every bump in the road, and it seems like the truck is really short/sagging into the wheel wells. I don't have a lot of experience or know how but I'd love to hear what ALL I can do to improve the quality of the ride as much as possible. If I'm willing to put $1k-$2k into lift/level/suspension (bushings? u-joints?) and improve the ride, what would you all recommend? The truck has a normal downward rake in the front, but it's also riding pretty low even though it doesn't have a lowering kit. Visually, I think I'd like to do a 3" front/2" rear lift/level kit, but also would love to maximize every trick in the book to make this truck ride as smoothly as possible. I know it'll never be a 4th gen top of the line ride, but I'm sure there's just a ton of stuff I could have done to this truck that I don't even know about to improve how it handles potholes, bumps, and corners.

Thanks a bunch for any and all help!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.