DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if posted else where, can't seem to find it but just purchased a 2016 bighorn yesterday. As I left the lot, check engine light came on and got a fuel sensor fail indicator. Part is ordered and going to be installed soon. Not happy about it all but was just wondering if mds will not work with an error code. I have researched enough to at least know that eco and mds are not related, thoughts???

·
Registered
998 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but MDS can be felt as it engages and disengages. Drive it and see. And you are correct about the eco light and MDS, so don't go by the light.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm too new to it to know, only had it 48 hrs now. I can't really feel or tell anything going down the road. What Fastback do you have as per ur id?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm too new to it to know, only had it 48 hrs now. I can't really feel or tell anything going down the road. What Fastback do you have as per ur id?
Yeah it does take a little seat time, but after a little bit you’ll be able to feel the MDS. Some find it annoying, but it doesn’t really bother others.

It’s the 69 Mustang that has times listed in my signature

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ok couldn't see in Mobile mode. I have a 66 vw Fastback thought it woulda been cool to find another vw guy in the ram foruma. Ya their are 5 others that have bighorns at work that are averaging 21_23 mpg on the highway, where right now I'm only getting 19 with the light on, so im feeling it's definitely not kicking on. I drive 60 miles one way to work, 56 are all highway

·
Registered
998 Posts
Fuel mileage difference could also be depend on what gears you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have to be pretty low mostly my belief is it's the 8 speed and 1400-1600 rpm @ 72 mph, could be wrong will have to look at the

·
Registered
998 Posts
I meant rear end gears. Some have 3.21s and some have 3.92s. If you have 3.92s, you’re not going to get the same fuel mileage as the guys with 3.21s.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
MDS is disabled any time there is an active CEL. I had a fuel pressure sensor go out at 62k-the $70 part that takes 10 min to replace, not the fuel level sensor that's in the fuel pump. The truck ran fine, but MDS was disabled until I replaced the sensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I disconnected positive terminal, still blinks fuel sensor fail, but CEL went away. Went from 19.5-21.1 mpg on the way down. So shows me that's the issue!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any solutions to the "fuel sensor fail" issue outside of dropping the tank and replacing fuel pump assembly. I have a similar issue and am outside of the 36k warranty. One round of Techron did not fix the problem. 2016 Ram 1500 Limited

1 - 12 of 12 Posts