DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new to this site, my original question was going to be why my truck sounds like a growling when mds kicked on, but after reading some forums I believe its from my flow master, I just purchased a 06 ram 1500 big horn 5.7 hemi 3 days ago with lots of mods. so now my question is if 12.9mpg is normal? its says eco then says 12.9 I was thinking I should be getting around 15, 16. but my tachometer is out right now idk if that has something to do with it, or the fact it has a 6inch lift if that could cause lower mpg. this is my first dodge truck so any input is appreciated
thanks,
ryan

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Anything that is changed from stock will hurt mpg's. My friend has an 06 QC 4X4 Ram that he keeps stock, when I drive it on the highway, keep under 65 mph, it get's 22 mpg. My 05, no mds with lots of mods (cam, deleted cats, headers, Vararam, CMR 93 octane tune) will get 18.5 on the same trip. Even changing tires from the crappy GY HP's will hurt mpg's. If you have a lift, less mpg's. nice tires and aftermarket wheels, less. Still 12.9 is about what I got yesterday towing a 6,000 lb fifth wheel with my non mds 05

1 - 3 of 3 Posts