DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my truck has this serge when the cruise is set its kinda like the trans is shifting in and out of od lock.... could this be the mds kickin n and out? 1 thing i havent tired is shutting it off with the cortex... it just makes me wonder if its the mds or the trans. i have had the trans looked at and a few things replaced and they say its my exhaust... i beg to differ cause u can feel it serge and hear it i dont care for the dodge dealership thats close to home but wanted some opnions before i drive 2 hrs 2 another dealer where i bought the truck thanks for the inputs b4 hand!

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you have an aftermarket exhaust then you will hear the mds kick on and off. It has been best described as a low flying helicopter right over your truck :) if that's what you're describing then it's normal. To correct it you can shut off the mds or buy a muffler with a damper installed that's wide open under 8 cyl but shuts a bit when in mds. If you shut off the mds and it still feels like a surge, your od clutch plate could be slipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts