DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone disabling the MDS function? I know the GM 5.3's get way better mileage, and don't burn (err the correct marketing term is use) oil with it disabled.

Kind of surprised to see it on the 6.4L, but hey the marketing program has worked thus far......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derag,

Do you burn much oil with this system? As I stated I owned a 1500 Silverado and GM is happy with burning 2 qts in an oil change. UNREAL to me, in fact the new models have changed the dipstick to increase initial oil volume.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My old 2013 5.3 Chevy with the fuel management system didn't hardly burn any oil, I'd say 1/4 quart max between 5000 mile oil changes running Mobil 1 which I started running from the 5000 mile mark.
At first I would say I didn't notice it going from 8 to 4 and back, but after owning it for 3 years I could always tell.
I'm sure it helps on fuel mileage, I just wish that there was a driver controlled switch to turn it on-off!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haven't burned any oil in over 2500 miles. Don't think my driving style allows much mds activation though.
Been burning gallons of gas instead!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts