DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ram with the 5.7, and even while traveling over 28 mph on flat terrain... and even with cruise on, the ECO notification never comes on. I also never notice a change in sound or driveability like some say they notice. I just bought it from a dealership last week. Is it possible the previous owner had a tuner and disabled it? I really don't care either way, as I've heard the MDS has a negligible effect on MPG.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nevermind. After a quick google search (which I should've done before making this thread) I realize the 2013+ Rams can disable the notification. I checked my truck, and it was turned off.

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
the ECO light coming on, has nothing to due with MDS functioning

you can be in 8 cylinder mode & have the ECO light on
the ECO Light is just telling you that you are driving in the most efficient manner
it is only a FEEL GOOD light

some ppl have connected up a MDS light, that comes on when it kicks into 4 cylinder mode

·
Registered
14 Posts
My MDS seems to have stopped working as well. My check engine light also came on. i checked the codes through my tuner and there is nothing that is related to MDS showing. I can clear the codes and it seems the MDS seems to work afterward. Once the system senses the fault and the light comes back on, the MDS stops working. Any ideas?

·
Registered
643 Posts
If your MDS is activated your ECO light will be on (if you have enabled it in the settings menu) but the eco can be on without the the MDS being activated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts