DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

So! To start I have 2009 with hemi . had a Lifter seize and grind down my cam shaft on cylinder 5. So I replaced all lifters and cam shaft with oem parts. I messed up the timing of the cam and crank putting it back together. i put it back together exactly the way it came off. Got codes for wrong timing and misfires. So took it apart again and re set timing. no codes for timing but still misfire. So did compression test and had a bad head gasket. Replaced that and now good compression but still misfire in cylinders 6,4,7. Got code for fuel injector circuit for cylinder 6. so that pretty much covers that. Did all spark tests you can think of and problem persists on all 3 bad cylinders. Also swapped fuel injectors and problem persists. Reset PCM, problem persists. Did Leak down test. No valves are leaking exhaust or intake.

It turns out i did not put MDS lifters in cylinder 1,4,6,7.

This explains the truck running like absolute garbage.

I installed MOPAR Part # 53022263AF (Camshaft) but i haven't been able to confirm if this is and mds cam, I'm almost positive it is correct but if someone could confirm that would be great.

Also can you explain why regular lifters just wont work, not that i wanna use them but just to fulfill my curiosity.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
There are 2 types of lifters, one is a hydraulically controlled one, the other is a solid lifter. The hydraulically controlled lifter is used for the MDS via the MDS solenoid, so if it's not turned off in a tune then you will have issues when the solenoids try to activate, at the same time the computer shuts down the injectors to the cylinders so if the liters are still moving air you will be compressing and moving a bunch of air into the exhaust which will throw of the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My only question is my truck is misfiring at idle and if the mds solenoids aren't kicking in at idle than does putting mds lifters in still solve my problem. Im going to replace them regardless. i really enjoy the fuel saver.

Also My transmission isn't going into any overdrive gears which I'm assuming has to do with my engine not running correctly because of these incorrect lifters. Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So ive now replaced all the lifters with the propper mds lifters on cylinders 1,7,6,4 and solid lifters on the rest. Engine is running like a champ.

My problem is now when im moving mds will not kick in and either will my overdrive gear on my transmission. Im getting a p0013 code.

Im not 100% sure what im looking for but code says "B" Camshaft position - Actuator circuit Bank 1.

I am assuming its wiring issue but if someone could help me out that would be awesome
"B" Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit (Bank 1)

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0013
Copyright © OBD-Codes.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts