DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, glad to be part of this forum. I have a concern that I would like to get some feedback on. My 2008 Ram 1500 3.7 Hemi has been taken to the dealer because check engine light. But before running it over to them I stopped in at my auto parts store to have them hookup the gadget to see what the code was. It came up P3497 Cylinder Deactivation System Bank 2. That told me MDS. This truck is one of those that has the lifetime warranty. Dealer brought it into shop and condemned the motor and is now waiting on a "motor guy" to tear it down to check condition regarding oil sludge and wear to make sure it wasn't abused in order for the warranty to be accepted. They seem to be more concerned about that than any thing. It has already been a week and still no engine guy has looked at it, (first question) does it usually take this long? I have taken care of this truck, oil changes regularly. Just last October 2018 i took it in for my 2nd 5yr check (required for the lifetime warranty) it came back good, all checked out. All of 2018 until this March the truck stayed in the garage because I had a company truck so hardly any miles put on it since then. My concern is, is the dealer going to try to cheat me out of my warranty and deny my claim (second question) is this common? Next question just how in depth is that 5yr check up? If it was showing sludge would they tell me or secretly document it for possible future claim denial? I would hope they would tell me. but all that aside this truck has been babied not alot of miles on it in the first place. 2008 just turned over 115,000 miles two weeks ago. So I guess I am mainly asking do you think they would/could deny warranty claim when all checked out on my last 5yr check up a few months ago and very few miles put on since that check up? (I work close to my house). Sorry such lengthy first post.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,170 Posts
Welcome to Ramforumz! It's good to have you here. Sorry to hear of your warranty worries on your 2008 Ram. My son's 2013 had the lifter/camshaft problem & the lifetime warranty. His truck had about 103K on it. If I recall correctly, it took about 3-4 weeks for them to diagnose & replace his engine, under the lifetime warranty? He had all his maintenance done at a local dealer, so there was no doubt he had kept it up. But, every dealer is different.

Since your post deals with warranty issues, I am going to move it to another area of the forum where it should get more attention.

Again, welcome & enjoy the forum!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts