DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember my 4TH Gen Hemi trucks having the option to turn on an indicator in the dash which showed you when the engine was in 4-cylinder/economy mode.

Did anybody find if that is an option on the 5TH Gen trucks? I went through all the settings but can't find anything.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
It's not the indicator for MDS- it's simply a indicator, that you're in the current optimum on economic driving- has nothing to do with MDS.
You should be able to scroll down the menu in the center to screen setup-but I'm sure, you can find the option in your user manual.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is nothing in the instrument cluster menu or in the Uconnect head unit to be found; the owner's manual doesn't mention it either. I guess they took it away on the 5TH Gen trucks.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
2019 Ram V-8
Settings, display, fuel saver in cluster

The light can be seen
It is located on the upper left of the dash instrument cluster next to where the coolant temp gauge is. Lights up ECO in green.

The more that you drive, the more your gas mileage will increase, even on Winter Blend Gas

Also the ECO light more often comes on with more mileage, after it is set

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, we will switch to Summer Blend Fuel in 4 or 5 weeks

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2019 Ram V-8
Settings, display, fuel saver in cluster

The light can be seen
It is located on the upper left of the dash instrument cluster next to where the coolant temp gauge is. Lights up ECO in green.

The more that you drive, the more your gas mileage will increase, even on Winter Blend Gas

Also the ECO light more often comes on with more mileage, after it is set

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, we will switch to Summer Blend Fuel in 4 or 5 weeks
That is on the 4TH Gen 2019, not on the 5TH Gen 2019 Ram?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found it....Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts