DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to set the priority, or order, in which the radio defaults when playing media? I have the 8.4A and it defaults to the CD player when I select the Media option. I then have to click the down arrow near the source to select Bluetooth. I would like to have Bluetooth be the first default when I switch from FM or SXM to Media. Thoughts?

· Registered
1,976 Posts
You can't specify the default media startup type. I suspect that if you don't have a CD in the CD player that it wouldn't be the first choice though. I didn't get the CD player on mine so I can't say for sure, but on mine the only media options that will play are the ones that have media at the time. I keep an SD card permanently plugged in. If my phone's blue tooth hasn't yet connected to my Ram when I start it, mine will default to SD first however if my phone pairs quickly then mine will start on blue tooth before SD.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I don't have a CD in the player, but I'll play around some more ans see why it shows up first. Does anyone else with a CD player have the same issue? It's not a big deal just a small annoyance. I love the truck!!!

· Registered
325 Posts
I have CD player and if I recall it goes to CD when I switch to media. I do have CD in the player. However If I was playing i-pod through USB before switching away to SXM or radio it will go back to ipod first on return to media.

· Registered
415 Posts
thats odd,

i usually use bluetooth for tunes and occasionally use a USB thumb drive.. it always will default to AUX regardless of what type of media i have inserted.. same when i switch to "radio" it always defaults to FM (when i usually only use SXM)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.