DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I need a little help with the set-up of my truck...Its a 2006 Mega Cab 1500 with the Hemi. So with that being said I have a few questions as far as to the axels and suspension. I havent really got into it yet but I have noticed that it does have 8 lug axels and they seem to be larger than my old Chrysler 9.25 rear and Dana 44 front in my 2001 Ram. So I guess the answer Im looking for is what size are they....(dana 60) and the second thing is how do I know what gears are in them? Also is the Mega Cab set-up on a 3/4 ton chassis....and the only thing different from a true 3/4 ton is the front and rear spring ratings. Well I hope this all makes sense as far as how I worded it.And I hope I put this in the right trend. Last but not least sorry if this has been a repeat topic..
Thanks In Advance
JIM

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Your right on track with everything, 3/4 ton frame, Dana 60 axles, different suspension.
In our 05 2500 there is a tag inside of the glove box that will tell you what axles and gear ratios, should be one in yours

·
Registered
301 Posts
VIN shows a portion that gives indication of the gearing as well if I remember correctly.

Also could be a label on the axle me thinks....great truck eh?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have 2004 3/4 ton and it also has a sticker on the inside of the glove box door that lists the ratio. 3.73 would be most common and 4.10 also being possible. It is my understanding that the mega-cabs were built on a 3/4 ton set up, and that they badged them as 1/2 tons due to the fact that with the weight of the extra cab, they would carry the load of a 1/2 ton.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
help still needed

Ok guys so i have found out some info on the truck......but as people have said stuff about the sticker in the glove box....Well I have not a single sticker in the glove box. And no tags on the rear end or front end..But what I was woundering is their a way to get like a build sheet of the truck or something like that? Anyway thanks ahead for the help !!!!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
You can also jack up the rear end, put the truck in nuetral, and count the driveshaft turns compared to wheel turns. This will tell you your gear ratio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts