DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference in mega cab and quad cab? It seems there is a big difference when ordering certain parts. I am pretty sure I have the quad cab, however when I went to order my brake pads a month ago, it said it was a mega cab. What's up with that?

· Registered
63 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there are four sizes (from smallest to largest), but not exactly certain on the 3rd gens if they had all four.

Current models:

Regular Cab - "No rear seats"
Quad Cab - "A person sitting in back with long legs will likely touch the drivers seat with their knees"
Crew Cab - "A person sitting in back with long legs will have room between their knees and the driver's seat"
Mega Cab (2500/3500) - "At 7' 1" and 325 pounds, Shaq (one of those pompous NBA stars) can cross his legs while sitting in the back seat without killing the people in the front row with his size 23 boots"

· Registered
17,678 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there are three sizes (from smallest to largest):

Quad Cab - "A person sitting in back with long legs will likely touch the drivers seat with their knees"
Crew Cab - "A person sitting in back with long legs will have room between their knees and the driver's seat"
Mega Cab - "Shaq can cross his legs while sitting in the back seat without killing the people in the front row with his size 23 boots"
:LOL: I don't know if I can beat that explanation, however there's no 'crew cab availaible since the 2nd gen. We have reg cab, quad cab, and mega cab on '02/03+

The Mega cab has a about another 12" of cab after the full sized rear door. They're only availiable with a short box, and if you have a mega cab, you'll know it by your fuel mileage as they also don't have the MDS on their engines sicne they're a 2500 chassis base. The quad cab has a smaller rear door and the back of the cab is about 2" from the end of the door.

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great, thanks guys. I should had posted this earlier, but when I bought my brake pads last month, the website didn't give me a "quad" cab option. It was either nothing or megacab. So I didn't put down anything. Well, as luck be it, it was the wrong choice of course. The pads that were sent were much bigger than what came off. Luckily it was a local store (they had online only sales) and I was able to get the right pad. I wonder why companies don't add the quad cab option when ordering stuff? Either way, thank you for clarifying!

· Registered
458 Posts
You've got the quad cab. The 'crew cab' was called a club cab on the 2nd gen rams, but the 'crew cab' is what FORD calls their quad cabs
Crew cab is what Dodge calls the full size rear door model as well.

Regular Cab:

Club Cab: (No rear doors)

Quad Cab:

Crew Cab:

Mega Cab:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.