DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my build sheet from the link found here, great service BTW. Just wondering what a couple of codes are.

MENS Front Wheel Spats
MPPP Rear Wheel Spats
MP8P Delete Black Out Tape

Anyone have any clue as to what these mean? Everything else is obvious, these I can't figure out.

As always, thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
The delete Black Out tape may be the B Pillar tape that is added to add contrast to the body/window. Easily removed btw.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, OK, that makes sense I guess.

But, what the hell is a SPAT? :4-dontknow:

I'm just curious more than anything.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Mud spats are like mini mud flaps. Since you have an 09 they are like this:

Front:

Rear:

In 2011 they changed the mud spats to this design:

Front:

Rear:

I put the later style on my 2010 as I wanted a little more protection as my wheels/tires sit out from the fender about 1/2 inch to 1 inch.

There is also a "middle" spat at the front of the bed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huh....weird, I don't have those...but it is used, so maybe the previous owner took them off. I doubt I'd like them anyway.

Thanks for the insight....I could not for the life of me figure out what they were!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at my truck in the sunlight today, and I do in fact have the spats...man, are they small!

Now that I know what I'm looking at, I'll keep my eye out for the newer models and see what theirs look like, I may get a later model set from the dealer.

Thanks again for the info and the pictures.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
No problem. The older style really don't do anything they are so small. I have all the part numbers and prices and everything for what you need to install the new ones in my build thread. Just search "snrusnak mod thread".

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool...thanks buddy! Not that my rep means anything, but its coming your way anyway!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts