DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn. 53k miles and I am dire need for tires. I have the original goodyear's that came with the truck and they look horrible right now.

I am looking at the Michelin LTX A/T2 and the Toyo Open Country AT II. They are similar in price so I am not worried about that.

I have also looked at just getting highway tires, but would rather the little extra help when i need it since i do have 4WD.

What is everyone's experience with the following:
-wear
-ride noise
-traction
-fuel milage

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I have a 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn. 53k miles and I am dire need for tires. I have the original goodyear's that came with the truck and they look horrible right now.

I am looking at the Michelin LTX A/T2 and the Toyo Open Country AT II. They are similar in price so I am not worried about that.

I have also looked at just getting highway tires, but would rather the little extra help when i need it since i do have 4WD.

What is everyone's experience with the following:
-wear
-ride noise
-traction
-fuel milage
I can give you some feedback, I swapped out my stock SRA's when my truck had about 4000 miles on it for Michelin LTX AT2's, other than one winter on Cooper tires I racked up 45 to 50,000 miles on these tires and could not believe how much tread was left. I wish I had taken a picture of the tires before trading my truck, at least 50% tread left. They were quiet and they balanced out real easy, I think I had to balance them twice in the life of the tire. I rotated them every oil change and wear was perfect on them. I did have the "E" rated tires so I could tow things without any issues. Very good investment in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I ran a set of the Toyo AT's for almost 60K miles and did not have one problem with them.

Wear was very even and I still had a bit more to go when the front one gave it up due to prior damage.

They are super quiet. I never heard any tread block whine out of them.

Traction - So So off road, great out there on the road and in mildly wet conditions.

Mileage - No idea. I didn't track mileage much, either before or after putting the tires on.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toyo's are great, I have 38k on my set and they still look almost new
Thanks. I had them on my 03 when I got rid of it for this truck. Was just looking into these two but ultimately if it ain't broke don't fix it. I liked my Toyos on the old truck so why not put them on this in now that these junky Tires that came with it have gone to crap. 53500 miles.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ended up with bigo big foot a/t and am really happy so far. I almost went with the toyo but these look real similar and have a far better warranty. They are quiet and the snow storm I just drove thru here in Colorado proved they are excellent in the snow. The big foot is also a newly redesigned tire from the old one, more siping ect. 60k mile warranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got my Toyo's on last week and absolutely love them. Drove for 3 hours today for the first time other than just going around the town. Very quiet. Very smooth ride. They look badass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts