DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few weeks ago, My dad told me he was in the market for a Corvette, so we went car shopping.

We found a gem.

2008 Corvette Convertible Indianapolis 500 Pace Car. I just ordered the build sheet and original window sticker from the National Corvette Museum. I am going to frame them and give them to him for christmas.

This car is #325 of 500, signed by Emerson Fittipaldi. 1 of 4 made with the options it has, with the gray soft top. It was built before the 2008 Indianapolis 500, as indicated by the gray soft-top. The 16 others made after in this exact configuration (Black, Decal delete, Nav, Z06 Performance Package etc) were built after the race, and equipped with black soft tops.

We found it in Hurst TX on the internet, and went and looked at it. Drove it home a couple hours later.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congrats to your dad and I hope he enjoys it in good health for many years. Your Christmas gift will be the perfect compliment.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Beautiful cars, amazing to drive. Unfortunately for me I am to fat to fit so I can't have one...lol... congratulations to your dad. May he enjoy it for many years to come

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Beautiful beyond my comprehension. :rockon:
Best of luck with it, and thanks for posting all the great pictures.
-Ej-

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Congrats on a very rare and Excellent find :cool:

Thanks for sharing with us ;)

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So these came in the mail today for my dad for christmas:

Off to hobby lobby to go get them framed.

·
Super Moderator
34,227 Posts
Very nice, not midlife for me I hope as I'm only 32. :smileup:
Lol your Ram looks stuffed into that garage, that can't be easy to park.

its ok for a chevy!!! lol. always wanted a vette. the paper work you have is a great christmas present.
Yeah, the paperwork definitely makes it a one of a kind thing, like the kind of car you'd see on a classic car TV show

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to Hobby Lobby, got 2 brushed aluminum shadow frames done for $21.45

·
Registered
196 Posts
very nice indeed. I am not sure why but I have never owned a Vette, I have gone in another direction completely ie all black 2009 GT500 and an all black 2012 SRT8 Challenger. My GT500 is faster lol

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Lol your Ram looks stuffed into that garage, that can't be easy to park.

My last house had a true 2 car garage which gave me plenty of practice so it comes second nature that in our 2.5 attached garage I just stay tight to the wall. Pretty simple with backup cam and folding mirrors unless I've had a couple.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Because they are all replicas. There is only one actual pace car:

It is in the Museum at the Indy 500 Speedway. The other 499 are all replicas built and sold by GM.

·
Registered
621 Posts
very nice indeed. I am not sure why but I have never owned a Vette, I have gone in another direction completely ie all black 2009 GT500 and an all black 2012 SRT8 Challenger. My GT500 is faster lol
I went in the opposite direction. I went from this:

to this:

Too many electrical bugaboos with the C5, although I absolutely loved driving it. The Challenger is not an SRT nor Scat, only a "mere" R/T, but I love it. She's dead-nuts reliable, makes a glorious sound, and completes my MOPAR Trifecta of Ram 1500, Durango R/T AWD and Challenger. I'm a happy camper.

Having said that, the Pace Car replica is a mighty nice C6 (which is a better car all around than a C5). Congrats!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts