DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your mileage and what is your hours?

I would presume the hours include idle time etc right?

I have 16k miles and 570hrs on the ole girl...

·
Registered
65 Posts
My truck is just shy of 8k miles and it has 200 hrs. It does include idle time. One cool thing my dads chevy tahoe has is the gallons of fuel burned. I wish our trucks had that feature.

·
Registered
88 Posts
18300 miles and 532 hours

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
6800 miles and 188 hours.

·
Registered
35 Posts
6000 miles and 90 hours...

But thats is alooooott because I just got it back in december!! Haha

Reactions: brad12kx

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
6000 miles and 90 hours...

But thats is alooooott because I just got it back in december!! Haha
6000miles / 90 hours = 66mph average !!!!

Speeder!

:gy:

·
Registered
327 Posts
10,700 miles.. 337 hours.

At this rate I'm going to hit 21,000 miles a year... wow i didnt think i drove that much lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can someone tell my why we need to know the hours on these engines anyway? It is interesting to be sure, but educate this newbie on why it's important beyond that and how it can be used for good (or evil)...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Can someone tell my why we need to know the hours on these engines anyway? It is interesting to be sure, but educate this newbie on why it's important beyond that and how it can be used for good (or evil)...
its probably just another way for the dealer to measure wear and tear on our trucks, may also be used to calculate oil change intervals by the computer.

·
Registered
816 Posts
It does come in handy when you are selling your truck too, because you can say that they are all highway miles, but if the avg is closer to 35mph, then you know there was more stop and go city driving.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Need to know.....not really, but then again, do you 'Need to know' the mileage on the vehicle....really?

As the accumulated mileage of a vehicle is 'an' indicator of the vehicle condition, the hours on the engine are 'an' indicator of it's condition.

High mileage with low hours (like Speeder above), indicates mainly highway miles, where low mileage with higher hours relates more to city driving. If the miles are very low, and the hours very high, it's either spent it's life off-road, or idling.

Good / Bad / Evil ..... :4-dontknow:

It's all information that can be used anyway the recipient of the information wants to use it.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
I idle my Ram a lot, even more than i need to, when i am waiting on a oversized load to be road ready, i am on standby, when its hot or cold outside, i sit in my Ram waiting, with either the A/C or heat on. Most drivers want to secure the load without any help, that way they only have themselves to blame if something should go wrong.

I bought my Ram in February '09, i only drove it from one shop to another for modifications until early July, then i started using it every day
so from July '09 until yesterday ...
[/URL]

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just calculated mine out..10,700 miles and 337 hours is 31.75 mph average... that can't be right. I drive way more highway then city streets.. way more.

I make a 225 mile round trip once a week plus 18 miles a day highway to and from work... 5 days a week.

Now thats 315 miles a week in highway. Now, if I'm doing this right.. thats 7,560 miles highway driving in the 6 months I have had the truck. So, that means 3,200 miles city driving. How can that average to 31.75 mph?

Yes I know the 0 mph gets calculated in the average when idling in traffic, but could that really bring the average mph down to 31.75? The highway driving is 75mph as well sometimes more.. also, the city streets are 40 mph, which is still above 31.75 mph.

Hmmm, I'm curious.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is an old thread but warranty people often will not pay for a repair if the engine hours are very high with the regular service. Tax's, workers, police, etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts