DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
I am at a town right now, where the speed limit is 15 to 35 MPH
i save gas by NOT running in DRIVE, i don't want the MDS to kick in

i pulled out of San Diego California & drove up to Toronto, then down to Connecticut

i did an very unusual test, i wanted to see what it would cost the average Hemi powered Ram driver to drive from Coast to Coast, using 89% octane
knowing that on both coasts, gas is higher priced then the rest of the States in between.

I drove 3480 miles & it cost me $788 for gas

mind you i started with a 1/2 tank, filled up the first time in Yuma Arizona
i now have a 1/2 tank of gas & i have not bought any gas in Canada, New York, or Connecticut
I did buy gas in Scranton, Pa. & New Jersey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driving across the country I was getting about 500 miles to a tank(26 gal) with all hiway. Around town with about 7 miles of hiway I usually get 460 miles to a tank. I run 89octane all the time(costing only $2.60 more to a fill up its worth the extra mileage & performance) mobil 1 eng oil, k&n CAI, iridium plugs & amsoil in the diffs. That's all I've done to improve mileage.
Switched to 89 Mpg big difference 24.8 mpg hwy 20 city . Pulling 33ft camper high 11s to 12mpg loaded out 12600lbs. I have the heavy tow package with 3.92 gear in rear. I was impressed!!!.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Switched to 89 Mpg big difference 24.8 mpg hwy 20 city . Pulling 33ft camper high 11s to 12mpg loaded out 12600lbs. I have the heavy tow package with 3.92 gear in rear. I was impressed!!!.
24.8mpg - you should check the calibration of your display- I bet, hand calculated you will be more like 20mpg/ HWY and 17mpg / city. I drive every day 70 miles highway with cruise control at 65mph and my display is around 22mpg - hand calculated around 20-21 mpg.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts