Registered
2018 1500 Sport
167 Posts
For those not so fresh days?

Reactions: okposo

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I have a 2010 laramie with auto temp AC and duel climate controls and that little item is not there. Sorta looks homemade. Does it actually blow air at different temperatures?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s factory it’s ductless electric
Not sure when it blows need to investigate more
I knew the vent was there always thought a sensor was behind it was looking for something with a flashlight the other day and happened to notice what looked like fan blades in there so I looked harder and sure enough
Thought maybe someone would already know it’s purpose

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had that exact thing in an old Saab. The fan is pulling air over the temp sensor. That gives a more accurate reading than if the sensor was just sitting there in dead air or exposed to sunlight. Pretty common in German cars too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep, it draws air in from the cabin and blows it over a temperature sensor to get an accurate reading if the ambient temperature in the cabin. This is the usually also analysed with the output from the light sensor on top of the dash to determine if its sunny or cloudy and the output of the climate control ajusted accordingly. They can get blocked up with dust and lead to the cabin temp being too cold.
Regards,
Tote

1 - 12 of 12 Posts