DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new here and this is my first post.

Is there minimum backspace for leveled 2008 Ram 1500? I have a TRX4 with a 2" level kit and currently running 285/70R17 Duratracs. I've had this truck for 8 years now, and had the level and tire setup for about 7 years.. a really long time lol. So I'm looking to change it up a bit. I want to get 35x12.5R17 Duratracs and put on some fender flares. I can't afford new rims right now so I'll be running the stock 17x8's. The problem is, I know I'll need spacers to reduce the backspacing but unsure what thickness I should get. I know 1/4" will be enough for clearance on the front end but it will look stupid with flares. Will a 1.5" spacer clear the studs? Would a 2" spacer be too much and cause the tires to catch the fenders when turning? I think 2" would be fine, but I've searched the interwebs a lot and can't find any definitive answers. Any help would be great before I pull the trigger on ordering anything.
Thanks!! :smileup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure if you will or won't need spacers for sure . It kind of depends on the actual tire. They all seem to vary a little. I believe your wheels and mine are the same off set I think its like 18 or 19. Either way I started out with Rancho quick lift and 35-12.50-20 BFG KOs's. No rub but hated looking like a 4x2 with stuffed tires. I then added a Zone 1.5" body lift and still was not happy. I then went with Bilsteins for slightly better dampening . Since then I have swapped the 1.5 body lift for a 3" . Now it looks like a 4x4 instead of a stuffed 4x2. I bought $200.00 worth of 10mm spacers because people like to tell you what you need like they know for a fact . Because of that I have $200. worth of spacers sitting on a shelf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts