DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2008 megacab hemi. It has done this misfire code on and off for a couple years. I did start using 89 gas and it stayed gone for almost a yr but now it's back

Only does it on start up i never feel the misfire it just throws the code. It's always at 3XX rpm. Truck runs fine.

I did spark plugs maybe 2k miles ago. Drove it the mountains last week and it threw a crank sensor code changed it while I was there thought maybe it would fix the come and go misfire code.

But it just threw the code again a few mins ago on start up as always

It's not everytime you start the truck it may do it twice a week or may not do it for 2 months or so.

Any help is appreciated. I haven't been on a forum in a long time so this may not be the right area I'm sure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unfortunately when mine did this it was the head gasket. The engine felt fine, but I would sometimes get the misfire code at startup. A chemical block test and a compression test confirmed the head gasket issue.

Be positive and look at the simpler stuff first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not changed or swapped around the coils. It use to always be #3 before I went to 89 octane and it was gone for a yr or better nowthis time it's been #2 it's only threw it twice on #2 so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles was on yours with the head gasket?
I'm at 172k

I kinda figured if it was a coil that it would start to do it at some point while driving and get to a point I could really tell I had a misfire and then be able to move the coil and see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts