DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all! On my ‘06 3500 5.9L it had a cracked radiator so I bought a mishimoto radiator. I decided to get a mishimoto thermostat too honestly for no other reason than that it was same brand and all that jazz. I also replaced the ects with a mopar (or Cummins) brand. I feel like my temp is behaving erratically. When I get the truck to temp and I’m going on mostly even ground just cruising I’ll be sitting at 185ish. Then if I have a hill or I’m winding up some hills out in the country my temp goes to about 205 and maintains that. BUT as soon as I’m coasting downhill I can literally see the temp gauge fall and today I was coming off a mounting and it fell all the way to the second mark after the 140 mark. Now I know the radiator is supposed to be more efficient at keeping engine cool but I don’t understand the extreme drop. Again this is all based on my gauge on my dash. I’m just wondering if I should go for a gates or mopar stock 185 and just be done with the issue. I’ve attached some pics of my gauge and you’ll see the temp differences.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500 Express 5.7 8Spd
222 Posts
but also may be nothing wrong, at 180 the gauge would be sitting at the low end of operating temp, the coolant gauge is not linear so it will move in small amounts outside of that indicated operating range, the system will also reach a full saturation level at a certain point where the temp will stabilize, the tstat is just there to force it up to that temp faster.

·
Registered
2014 Ram 1500 Express 5.7 8Spd
222 Posts
Is that similar to “burping” the system? I really appreciate the advice!!!
BJ
yup idk if your truck has it but the 6.7 has a allen screw in the top feed line from the egr cooler, passenger side of motor about halfway down the length of the valve cover theres a black tube running from the egr with a plugged port

1 - 5 of 5 Posts