DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've swapped out the headlights on my 2011 Ram 1500 Sport. I went to adjust the headlights but I cannot find the headlight adjusters. (The adjusters didn't come out with the old headlights.)

I spent almost half an hour with a 7mm socket on a 12" extension trying to find something to adjust in the holes in the fenders.

How far down should the adjusters be? Are they straight down? Should I be able to see them?

If they are missing is it difficult to replace them? Any idea what part number I'd be looking for?

Unfortunately, the local pick-n-pull yards don't have anything close to a fourth gen in their yards.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I've swapped out the headlights on my 2011 Ram 1500 Sport. I went to adjust the headlights but I cannot find the headlight adjusters. (The adjusters didn't come out with the old headlights.)

I spent almost half an hour with a 7mm socket on a 12" extension trying to find something to adjust in the holes in the fenders.

How far down should the adjusters be? Are they straight down? Should I be able to see them?

If they are missing is it difficult to replace them? Any idea what part number I'd be looking for?

Unfortunately, the local pick-n-pull yards don't have anything close to a fourth gen in their yards.
Now I feel like an idiot... I went back to my original headlights and looked a bit closer. The adjusters are part of the headlight assembly.

What's worse, is that my new headlights don't appear to have adjusters and there is no way to transfer the old ones to the new lights.

:4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
my 2009 Ram quad headlights had the same ones on it, pix below

in 2013 they changed the headlights just a bit, they molded in a Tab that was not on the 2009-2012s

also on my '09 Ram fender there is 1 arrow on the fender
on my 2016 Ram fender there are 2 arrows on each fender

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New headlights

Here's our beastie with the new headlights installed.

Aim is pretty good - no issues seeing, or with oncoming traffic flashing at us. Definitely brighter than the smoked headlights we had originally. Just using H1 bulbs - no HIDs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts