DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ‘20 Classic. I watch these videos where they install glove box, under hood and fog lights and in every video there’s an existing pigtail but no matter how many videos I watch or where I look my truck has none of those. I thought maybe I just couldn’t find the pigtails until I watch the video of the man installing the hood light on a 2018 ram 1500. That’s when I knew that my truck is wired differently and no matter what I do I can never have those things. And I am extremely upset. I forward a small fortune into this truck. Besides it being paid off in a year I’ve put an additional $21,000 in it making it lower and look incredible but lighting is still an issue and I was really looking forward to that upper glove box. I don’t check this as much as I should but if you can offer any info at all my email is [email protected] Thanks for your time. Oh, and don’t buy Classic’s. Hemi fever doesn’t tune them either so no can and no stall converter.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The wiring probably depends on which model truck you bought. Buy a cheaper tradesman for instance, you don't get the wiring. It's not like they forgot to install something on your truck.

Reactions: lilredexp22

·
Registered
531 Posts
It also depends on whether it's a retail or fleet sale and option packages selected. For example, remote start is not available from the factory for a retail sale, but is available for fleet customers on a '22 Tradesman, so it's not pre-wired for the hood latch. But it can be added as an accessory later on. Same goes with the upper glove box and fog lights, nothing says you can't have them, you just have to add in the correct parts and possibly have dealer re-program the computer for it or do it yourself. Contact Mopar Online Parts here for pricing if you want to buy new, or search junkyards for used. Good thing about Classics is they've built them for so long, there are tons of them in the junkyards, so getting a glove box, bumper, fog lights should be fairly simple. But, be warned, sometimes junkyard prices are actually higher than buying new. For example, a Sport Hood for a Classic lists for $1067 from Benny, junkyards are getting $12-1600 for 10yr old ones in the NY/NJ area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts