DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this was done last month, I waited until now to post this, as I was unsure if the tint would be staying :i_rolleyes: ....explanation below.

I decided it was time to tint the front door windows. This is one of those things that I felt best left for those that know what they are doing, so I took the truck to the local auto trim shop and had them install 50% (As dark as I can go and stay legal).

They did a great job of selecting the right color, and I can't find a single imperfection in the tint. Although it would have been nice to go with at least 35%, I chose to keep it legal.

Here's a couple of pix -

First thing I noticed - Reduced heat from the direct sunlight. :)

On the way home from the tint shop, I was pulled over by the local authorities...questioned about the tint...then he pulled out a light meter :wow:. It tested at 48%. He was going to give me a ticket and require the tint be removed, but after a little small talk discussion, he agreed that the 2% too dark could have been the result of meter error tolerance and drying moisture in the film as it had only been tinted an hour before he tested it.
Right now I'm glad I didn't go with the 35%. I'd have paid for the installation and removal in the same day. :LOL:

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
It looks good. Glad we can have 35% here. Had it on the RR and will have to do it to the RT.

The tint is dark enough that I can't see that red sharpie. :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Brad, your truck is f**king special. I love my deep cherry red Ram. But there is just something special about BLACK.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks good. Glad we can have 35% here. Had it on the RR and will have to do it to the RT.

The tint is dark enough that I can't see that red sharpie. :D
I guess that tint is darker that I thought. :Wow1: Now that you mention it, I can't see the black or blue sharpies either! ;)

Brad, your truck is f**king special. I love my deep cherry red Ram. But there is just something special about BLACK.
Thanks! Although I really like my Black.... I always notice the Deep Cherry Red and Deep Water Blue Rams. Both of those colors look great; especially on a Ram! :smileup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have 5% on my front windows and 35% on windshield tint on any front windows is illegal where i live haha

·
Administrator
53,148 Posts
Looks great Brad! Glad the officer saw it the right way lol!

- Cajun

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have 5% on my front windows and 35% on windshield tint on any front windows is illegal where i live haha
Time.....It's a matter of time. :) But then again, your in Alberta, and when the economy is good, the police seem to 'Leave well enough alone' if your not causing issues. Here...not so lucky. I doubt you would even be able to drive through Manitoba without having your truck impounded. :(

Looks great Brad! Glad the officer saw it the right way lol!

- Cajun
I still can't believe I even had to deal with that...:Wow1:

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have 11% tint on my front windows and have been stopped twice by the same state trooper! Luckily he gave me a warning the first time, and the second time we spent about 20 minutes discussing hunting before he cut me loose with no ticket.

I think I'll be renting a car for this particular trip from now on...

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I hate the tint laws... I understand why there are there, but I love my 5% lol

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Quick question about tint: Utah law requires that 43% light must be allowed in.. so what level of tint does that equate to (as it has been used on this thread, i.e. 35% tint)?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would allow you to use 50% tint. That coupled with the slight amount of factory tint 'should' allow the 43% to pass. Mine tested at 48%. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts