DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering first if it is possible to achieve around or near 420 without forced induction or internal motor work on the 3rd generation 5.7 hemi. If so what mods would it take get to or near this number. 420hp seems obtainable considering the 4th gen hemi has 390 without any internalities being change (besides vvt). Budget friendly mods btw

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont believe it can be done without internal mods. VVT makes a huge difference, but the 4th gens also have variable intake runners. Lets look at some numbers, and trust 345 at the crank is real world. 15 for exhaust. 7 for cold air intake. 20 from a programmer. Thats 387. And those numbers are still an IF. Believing claims.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about headers and a larger throttle body along with the mods you mentioned above? How much would I see from that

·
Registered
21 Posts
You could probably pull ( realistically ) another 50 +/- HP out of it without spending big bucks and/or internal modification. Tell me if I'm wrong guys.

·
Registered
13,681 Posts
To achieve your goal you'd need head work, cams, and long tubes (on top of the typical "low budget" mods like intake, tune, and exhaust).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts