DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, loving the new Ram Sport. My dogs are even saying 'Hemi, hemi, hemi' when they want a treat.

Second, thanks to all the posters and their great input, especially on debadging, CAI and exhaust. One thing I would like to see is when someone has a bright idea IE LED bed lights or shifter swap could they include part numbers of the items they have used. 'cause everyone is going to ask. Am I right?

Observations: I installed the Magnaflow cat back exhaust and have noticed no 'drone', knock on wood. I had the same system on my LTZ and I find the Ram is quieter at idle and highway speed. Totally different story when you step into it.

Bakflip: Recommendation is to put the drain tubes along the floor of the bed, but I found two rubber plugs on the lower side of the box and put the tubes through them. Clear siliconed anywhere I thought dust might come in.

Debadging: tried dental floss and fishing line, but easiest way is to put a screw driver under corner of emblem and gently lift up.

Nav: I am not crazy about the view of the factory Nav. It seems like I am always twisting by head to the right to see the screen. Nav and GPS in LTZ were both angled towards the driver.

Sound: I have a $1500 surround sound on my TV and $300 speakers on my computer and I am happy with the quality of the Ram. Again, better then the LTZ. Although I may upgrade the sub woofer and door speakers. What the hey!

Mods to date: Volant CAI, Helix throttle spacer, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Bed Rug, Weather Tech floor mats, Bakflip, AVS bug deflector and window vents and Bakflip.

Future mods: Box LED lights, shifter swap and headlight bulb upgrade. Speaking of which, does anyone have suggestions for headlight bulb upgrades?

So much for the rambling, time to get back to my truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You really spoiled your truck man! Congrats ha

HIDs are the choice of bulb replacement, but all depends what you want to pay.
A lot of guys (including myself) purchase from DDM Tuning, cheap kits but once they work they work awesome. Sometimes you get a bad apple (a lot of guys will speak up on this one, watch)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice mods, wish I could get everything at once. Nice job tho.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Please put up some pics again when there all done, nice truck dude oh and Bordin also, nice nice nice, man you got to love them trucks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Man your gettin her done.I wish I could get that many mods by my wife,all in at one time.Oh well ,baby steps for me......

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Buy your lights from retro get them matched to the truck plus get your hid's from him you ever have any problems he will walk you through it and his stuff works 100% unlike others

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nice Ram and great mod list!

headlight bulb upgrade. Speaking of which, does anyone have suggestions for headlight bulb upgrades?.
If your just upgrading the bulbs I would suggest the Sylvaniya Silverstar ultras! I didn't want to mess with HID's so I put the silverstar ultras and they are a lot better than the stock bulbs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts