DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put this thing in, Kinda pricey but I think it looks great.

Feels alot better than the stock shifter imo.

The best part is it nearly EXACTLY matches the paint shade.

I had to run to home depot and get some longer set screws to install it but other than that hassle it was a snap. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looks great, especially with your truck color. Nice job!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very nice indeed. Won't lie the contrast was a tad high for me in the first photo but once I realized what color the truck was it really set it off. Love it!

Do you know if they sell the handle in any other colors and if so can you suggest a good place to buy? I'm thinking Black or Carbon Fiber for mine.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I saw your other post asking if it would fit, and the answer appears to be yes.

How did you get it to work? Is that handle a screw on type?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw your other post asking if it would fit, and the answer appears to be yes.

How did you get it to work? Is that handle a screw on type?
It comes with several different diameter bushings that will fit over the existing post from 8mm diamter (which is what is in the Ram) up to 16mm.

The bottom of the knob secures with set screws.
Sadly mine was missing the longer set screws which were intended for 8mm & 10mm posts so I had to run to home depot and buy some.
(5mm x 8mm Long)

I just put a layer of electrical tape around the post where the set screws pinch to give a good bite and insure the knob won't want to start to rotate in a few months.

Super easy mod, only took about 5 minutes.

It is alot more comfortable to have your grip rotated 90 degrees, as opposed to the stock shifter which forces your grip to be palm down. (I work for an ergonomics company :158:)

·
Registered
321 Posts
It comes with several different diameter bushings that will fit over the existing post from 8mm diamter (which is what is in the Ram) up to 16mm.

The bottom of the knob secures with set screws.
Sadly mine was missing the longer set screws which were intended for 8mm & 10mm posts so I had to run to home depot and buy some.
(5mm x 8mm Long)

I just put a layer of electrical tape around the post where the set screws pinch to give a good bite and insure the knob won't want to start to rotate in a few months.

Super easy mod, only took about 5 minutes.

It is alot more comfortable to have your grip rotated 90 degrees, as opposed to the stock shifter which forces your grip to be palm down. (I work for an ergonomics company :158:)
Sweet. Thanks for the breakdown.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Looks good on your truck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK FIRST I APPOLOGIZE FOR BUMPING THIS OLD THREAD..... but I tired to send the thread starter a PM but due to the fact I have less than 25 posts im not allowed to send PMs.... WTF rule?

Here is what I was trying to send.... sorry for the bump.

Hi I saw your post from last year about you installing a Momo shift knob. Instead of bumping your old thread I was curious if you could tell me how you got your factory shift knob off? I haven't looked at mine yet since its cold, but I thought i'd ask. I added a console shifter to my 3500 and im not sure if I like the big bulky stock knob. Also your pics in your thread dont load anymore can you rehost them and send me a link to see how your momo fits? thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think you pull the chrome plastic ring down and there is a allen key bolt under it. Something to that affect anyway lol. I want to do a shifter as well but interior is going to begin after exterior and go fast goodies.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts