DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. The ride on my 2004 is quite a bit stiffer/rougher than the 2006 I used to have. I am guessing the majority if this is because of the torsion bar suspension rather than the coilover setup on the newer truck. It's not unbearable or anything but something a little softer would be nice. At the same time, I don't want something that is going to bounce for a quarter mile every time I cross a railroad track, lol. I don't really do any offroading.

I'm on a budget so I have been considering the Monroe Sensa-trac or Monroe Reflex. Advance Auto is running a sale right now and I can get a set of four Sensa-tracs for $165 shipped to me or a set of the Reflex for $175. Also, Monroe is running a rebate special right now so I believe I could get a $40 rebate. Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have the reflex shocks on mine now and they're pretty decent. Much better than stock shocks and half the price of the nice Bilsteins. Picked mine up from Pep Boys for $105.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Did you get all four for $105? All four at Advance is actually closer to $200 but they are running a promo right now so I can get them for about $175. That also includes a $50 off coupon good towards my next $100 purchase which I was thinking of using to get my Magnaflow for half off, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts