DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what components are different (if any) between the Mopar 1" Lift that comes in the Off-Road Package versus the 2" Lift kit that Mopar offers? I have a new 2019 Laramie with the Off-Road package but I"d like to get a little more height to run 35" tires, but I"m hoping I don't have to purchase the entire 2" lift kit.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Isn't a 2" lift just a level?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know Rough Country (and a few other manufacturers) have a 2" "leveling kit". It's basically just two spacers, or you can get it with new control arms that have the corrected angle in the ball joint. Mopar has both 1" lift and 2" lift kits. From the picture they look the same to me, except for the spacers or a couple extra parts that look like spacers. I'm just wondering if I could just get the different parts to get the extra 1" lift without spending $1700 on the whole 2" Lift Kit. The guys at the dealership don't have a clue (unfortunately), they actually told me to go talk to the 4WD Shop down the road here. I haven't talk to them yet. I would just like to maybe get that "one more inch" lift without spending too much $$$ or worse, to have the dealer turn around and tell me it voided my warranty on whatever. The only reason I'm looking at the Mopar Lift Kit is because I"m hoping that would retain all my warranty without question. Otherwise I would probably go with one that lifts the rear one more inch and levels the front an extra inch and a half. I'm not very knowledgeable about all this stuff so that's why I'm hoping someone on this forum might know. Thank you all for your advice and opinions!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Isn't a 2" lift just a level?

I saw a 2" MOPAR lift on someone's ram and it actually lifted the front and rear............for me, I consider a level to be just lifting the front to match the rear. That 2" MOPAR lift actually maintained rake because it lifted front/rear

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mopar offers a 2" lift kit for the 2019 Ram 1500, part# 77072424
My parts department quoted me $1350.00 MSRP (give or take depending on the dealership and location) for us... if we install it, the vehicle has no warranty restriction. Everything would be covered just as your normal warranty would apply. Again, I can only speak for us , but other dealerships do things differently. hope this helps, and good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts