DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2015 ram 1500 with a mopar 4in lift. We bought it with it already installed from the dealship, and it has always had a rake in the front. I’m looking for options in getting rid of the rake and leveling the truck. It has a the factory struts with a 4in strut spacer on top. Would getting a 6in lifted strut fix the problem? I don’t mind it being a bit higher in the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello, I have a 2015 ram 1500 with a mopar 4in lift. We bought it with it already installed from the dealship, and it has always had a rake in the front. I’m looking for options in getting rid of the rake and leveling the truck. It has a the factory struts with a 4in strut spacer on top. Would getting a 6in lifted strut fix the problem? I don’t mind it being a bit higher in the front.
Beautiful Ram! I would maybe look at installing a leveling kit on front if possible with the 4" lift kit. Just my 2 cents to try and help. Have a blessed day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
He slight rake is a good thing. Hook to a trailer and your level that’s what it’s mainly for. The rake may also help with aerodynamics but that’s an entire different subject matter. I prefer a 1-1.5 rake but I tow. If you don’t tow then get a 1.5 front spacer if they didn’t use a spacer to lift it already

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He slight rake is a good thing. Hook to a trailer and your level that’s what it’s mainly for. The rake may also help with aerodynamics but that’s an entire different subject matter. I prefer a 1-1.5 rake but I tow. If you don’t tow then get a 1.5 front spacer if they didn’t use a spacer to lift it already
Yeah the truck has a 4instrut spacer on top of the factory strut. I was either looking at getting a 4in or 6in lifted strut because looking around it seems like my rear is a lot higher conpared to other 4in lifted trucks

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you go over 4 inches you will start having serious problems in the front end unless you have dropped spindles.
Your best bet is to install a 2 inch kit on the back to get rid of the rake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts